Saturday, November 22, 2008

WANT TO GO SHOPPING?


This old early 1900's store is still open down near the old railway station and Harvey House restaurant in Belen. Sure, there are a lot of bigger stores in
Belen, which carry a huge variety of merchandise, But somehow this old store brings back memories of stores I used to go to when I was a child. What is ironic in this age of the mega marts is that a large portion of this stores income is as a result of the sale of fresh and frozen chile products to about every large store in the county. Got a favorite old store in your neighborhood?

2 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

I appreciate your visit to my blog. And the comments you left there.

My favorite store is in shreds or almost ready to fall down in the village where I was born.

I spent from October 1953 to June 1956 in Japan, mostly in Sendai.

Puffin said...

I'm loving this tour, Rick.