Sunday, January 4, 2009

COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL


Above is one of several similar trucks used by the code enforcement officers of Valencia County Animal Control . These officers have the unenviable, but very necessary job of not only patroling the county and capturing stray dogs, cat, and every other variety of wild life, but of also answering citizen complaints concerning cases of animal abuse. Its unfortunate but during the past year they have had to rescue starving and abused horses on several occasions. Some livestock owners unfairly castigate these officers, but I think they should be applauded, just like any other law enforcement officer. Pet owners who let their pets run loose have no grounds for complaint when their dog or cat is picked up. Many do not understand that stray dogs tend to run in packs, and pose a danger to livestock. Where I used to live in Arizona we had a major problem with dog packs running cattle and sometimes threatening people. It got so bad that many law enforcement officers would shoot stray dogs on sight. I really don't recommend that in Valencia County's semi-rural area, but I do think that some residents here should be more appreciative of the county code enforcement officers.

1 comment:

joshua said...

Glad I've found your blog, one of the very best of the kind.
Have a blossom blessing! And if you do drop by at mine, I sure hope
you at least blogbang me by watching my french creativitees from beginning to end
and mind my paypal donate boton for milk and nappy-diapers.
What's two or three bucks or euros to you?
Do note it means my salvation for I am desperate for survival
and that close to die from dispare and misery.

I realy need your help badly and your help is that simple, but then
we all need eachother one way or another sooner or later.
And you can allways count on me and my big hurted heart.
Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours in a Mystical
and Misterious way, oh blessed one!

[Up to now ZERO is what I've got! Everybody is frightned
to be fooled by giving or I'm nothing but a dum ass by begging.
Yet is that so hard do give two dollars or euros or pounds away
helping someone unemployed and utterly poor?!].

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX